How to block users on Instagram?
As much as social media is a way of freedom of expression and opinions, it can be both favorable and unfavorable. For this reason, practically all social media platforms have tools to keep our privacy safe from unwanted users. But on some occasions, we may want to block an account that you have previously accepted. By blocking their account, they will not be able to contact you or view the content that you share on the social network, such as photos or videos. The social media platform we are talking about is Instagram and how to block users on instagram platform.
The blocking of a user can be for several reasons, although generally, it is the so-called trolls that share most of the blockage pie. Another reason to block someone on Instagram is you are feeling insecure about the messages they send you and they are taking a toll on your mental health. Someone who has shared an insensitive post or video or promotes hate speech is yet an additional motive to shut out a person who is promoting negativity in your life. Whatever the reason you may have the good news is blocking users can be done in a number of different ways.
Block users on Instagram three unique ways
There are several ways to block someone on Instagram. In addition, to avoid conflicts, the blocked person will not receive any notification about the block. However, when we block profiles from the Instagram application, we may choose to block their account or block their account and any new accounts that they may create later.
Suppose you don’t want to block an account but want to restrict yourself from unwanted interactions from the person you can choose to do so without having to unfollow the profile.
Restrict accounts from the Settings menu
The steps to be able to restrict someone are very simple:
- Click on our profile picture at the bottom right of the screen
- We enter the menu of the three points in the top right part of the screen and select the Settings option
- Now we click on Privacy and under the connections select “Restricted accounts” option
- We look for the person in question in the search box and click on “Restrict” to the right of their name.
- The list of all the accounts you have restricted on your account will appear as list under this section
Block accounts from Direct Messages
It happens on many occasions that the unwanted users have contacted us through a direct message from Instagram. In this case, we can also block it from that section. To do this,
- Open the chat we have with the person we want to block.
- Click on the profile of the user and under the section “details”
- Scroll down and select the “block” option and confirm again the block.
From the profile of the person to block
Another option to block a person is to do it from their own profile. For this follow these steps:
- Click on the username in the publication of the news or in the stories.
- Or click on the magnifying glass icon bottom of your screen and search for the username in the search box.
- Once you have found the profile, click on the icon with the three dots located on the top right of the screen
- Choose the “block” option and confirm the block.