How to download videos from Twitter?
Have you tried to download a video on Twitter? Are you researching online how to download Twitter videos? Look further than this article because we have the answers. Follow our guide to understand how to download videos from Twitter. Firstly, Twitter is a social media giant according to Statista, Twitter has more than 330 million active users in the year 2019. The platform allows users to post their thoughts and images, as well as videos. For downloading videos you need to save the URL of the tweet which we will discuss more further in the article.
The following section is how to download videos from Twitter, you will need to open the website on your computer browser. Although there is no direct way to download videos directly from Twitter, there are two websites that allow you to do so. We have found two similar websites called SaveTweetVid and TwitterVideoDownloader which function properly and we can guarantee they work perfectly.
Also read: Best practices for freelancers on social media 2021
Download Twitter videos from your computer
- Go to Twitter from your desktop browser.
- Download the video that interests you.
- Click the tweet with the video.
- You have two options: copy the tweet URL, or right-click on the video and choose “Select” Copy the Video Address.
- Now head over to either of the two websites SaveTweetVid or TwitterVideoDownloader.
- Copy the URL address in the box below provided. It should appear as a text box with a Download link.
- Click here to Download.
- Both sites will provide quality options for you to choose from.
- You can right-click the Download option and click on the button next to your preferred quality and click on “Click here to save this link”.
- You should see the next window if you want to save an MP4 file. Click on the desired location to save/download the video in your computer.
Head over to the section where your Twitter video is saved which will show up as an MP4 file at the location that you have selected. The video can be viewed then through VLC Media Player or Windows Media Player depending on the default program you have chosen that supports the mp4 format.
Download Twitter Videos from your Phone
Android users can simply download the Twitter video downloader app. You can download videos and gifs from your devices by clicking on the share option and select the copy link to the tweet option. Go to the app and paste the link and download the video. After the video has been download go to your gallery tab and watch your video. Enjoy and share them with friends and family.
For iPhone users, things get a little more complicated. First, you need to download the Mymediapp from the app store. Open the Twitter app on your phone. Select the tweet with the video you want to download. Select the share tweet via option and choose the copy link to tweet option. Now, open the My Media app and search for the website Twitter Video Downloader. Paste the tweet URL and click on the download option while also choosing the resolution of your video. Give your video a name and save the video. Once the video is downloaded you can access the video via the iPhone media tab.
So, now you know how to download Twitter videos from your computer and your phone. What are you waiting for then go ahead and let us know how smooth the process was in the comments section. If you do found this article beneficial do share it with your family and friends.